Nashville is a music city, which means you can expect to see some trends in fashion. Denim is always in style here, but so are country-chic dresses and boots. Pack some stylish Nashville outfits if you’re planning a trip to this Music City!
To help you, we’ve compiled a list of our top 18 favorite Nashville looks. From flowy dresses to distressed jeans, there’s something for everyone. And whether you’re looking for something to wear to a concert or just exploring the city, these Nashville outfits will have you looking your best.
What Do You Need to Know About Nashville?
Nashville is a city with a unique culture and style, and as a visitor, it’s essential to know what to wear to blend in and feel comfortable. Here are some tips on what to wear in Nashville:
- Dress Comfortably: If you’re visiting Nashville city, wear comfortable shoes since you’ll be walking long. Sneakers, flats, and sandals are all great options, and be sure to bring a light jacket or sweater, as the temperature can drop at night.
- Dress for the Occasion: Whether you’re headed to a concert, a fancy dinner, or a casual night out, dress for the occasion. Nashville is a stylish city; locals often dress up, so feel free to bring your fancier clothes.
- Embrace the Nashville Style: Nashville has its unique style, often called “Southern chic.” This style is a blend of traditional southern fashion and modern trends. Some popular fashion staples in Nashville include cowboy boots, denim jackets, and vintage-inspired clothing.
- Be Ready for the Weather: Nashville experiences all four seasons, so check the forecast before you pack. It can be hot and humid in the summer, while it can get cold and rainy in the winter.
- Be Respectful to the Culture: Nashville has a rich history and culture, and it’s important to respect that. Avoid wearing clothing that could be seen as offensive, such as clothing with inappropriate slogans or imagery.
What Should I Bring for my Visit to Nashville?
If you’re planning a trip to Nashville, there’s no doubt you’ll be in for a great time. From its vibrant music scene to its delicious Southern cuisine, Nashville has a little something for everyone. But before you pack your bags, what should I bring to visit Nashville? Here are some essentials to consider:
- Comfortable Shoes –
Nashville is a city meant to be explored by foot. From the honky-tonk bars of Lower Broadway to the trendy shops and restaurants of 12 South, there’s a lot of ground to cover. Be sure to pack comfortable shoes that can handle a lot of walking.
- Weather-Appropriate Clothing –
Nashville’s climate can be unpredictable, so it’s essential to pack for various temperatures. The heat and humidity can be intense in the summer, while winter temperatures can dip below freezing. Be sure to check the forecast before your trip and pack accordingly.
- Camera –
Whether you’re an avid photographer or just looking to capture some memories, Nashville is a city worth photographing. From the stunning architecture of the Country Music Hall of Fame to the colorful street art of the Gulch, there are plenty of photo opportunities.
- Cash –
While many businesses in Nashville accept credit cards, having cash is always a good idea. Some of the city’s best hot chicken spots and honky-tonk bars are cash-only, so be sure to hit up an ATM before your trip.
- Open Mind and Sense of Adventure –
Nashville is a city with surprises. Whether you stumble upon a hidden gem of a restaurant or catch an impromptu street performance, there’s always something new and exciting to discover. Come to Nashville with an open mind and a sense of adventure, and you’ll have a great time.
18 Stunning Nashville Outfits To Look Cool
1) Denim on Denim
Try pairing a denim puff sleeve jacket with white denim jeans for a classic Nashville look. Add a pop of color with a bright blouse or accessories.
2) Boho Chic
Embrace your inner bohemian with a flowy maxi dress, fringed denim jacket, and oversized sunglasses. Complete the look with a pair of strappy sandals.
3) Cowboy Boots and Shorts
A staple in Nashville fashion, cowboy boots are perfect for pairing with denim shorts and a graphic tee. You can also add a denim vest or jacket for a little extra flair.
4) Floral Romper Look
Try a floral romper with strappy sandals and a floppy hat with sunglasses for a feminine touch. Add a denim jacket for a little extra warmth on cooler days.
5) Plaid Shirt and Skinny Jeans
A classic look for both men and women, a plaid shirt paired with skinny jeans and ankle boots is perfect for exploring Nashville’s trendy neighborhoods.
6) Graphic Tee and Leather Jacket
Try a graphic tee paired with a leather jacket and distressed jeans for a bit of edge. Finish the look with a pair of statement ankle boots or sneakers.
7) Maxi Skirt and Crop Top
A breezy maxi skirt paired with a crop top and statement necklace is perfect for a night out on the town. Add a pair of wedges or heels to complete the look.
8) Vintage Tee and High-Waisted Shorts
A vintage band tee paired with high-waisted shorts and ankle boots is perfect for a day of checking out Nashville’s music scene. You can also add a cross-body bag and a floppy hat for a chic look.
9) Lace Dress and Cowboy Boots
Try a lace dress paired with cowboy boots and a denim vest for a bohemian-meets-cowgirl look. Finish the look with a fringed cross body bag.
10) Baseball Cap and Sneakers
Try a baseball cap paired with a graphic tee and sneakers for a sporty look that’s perfect for exploring Nashville’s many parks and green spaces.
11) Polka Dot Blouse and Midi Skirt
Try a polka dot blouse paired with a midi skirt and wedges for a vintage-inspired look. Add a statement necklace, hairband, or earrings for a little extra flair.
12) Jumpsuit and Statement Necklace
Try a jumpsuit paired with a statement necklace and strappy sandals for a chic and stylish look. You can also add a denim jacket for a little extra warmth on cooler days.
13) Chambray Shirt and White Jeans
Try a chambray shirt paired with white jeans and nude heels for a fresh and clean look. Add a colorful scarf, sunglasses, or statement earrings for a little extra pop of color.
14) Sequin Dress and Stiletto Heels
15) Velvet Blazer and Skinny Jeans
Try a pink velvet blazer paired with skinny jeans and heels for a sophisticated and stylish look. Add a statement necklace or earrings for a little extra glamour.
16) Ruffled Blouse and High-Waisted Shorts
Try a ruffled blouse paired with high-waisted, bow-tie shorts and sandals for a feminine and playful look. Add a cross-body bag for a little extra flair.
17) Cropped Sweater and Midi Skirt
Try a cropped sweater paired with a midi skirt and ankle boots for a cozy and stylish look. Add a fedora or beanie for a little extra warmth and style.
18) Camo Jacket and Black Jeans
Try a camo jacket with black jeans and sneakers for a casual yet trendy look. Add a statement necklace and sunglasses for a little extra style.
Nashville is a city known for its music and its fashion. The two combine to create a unique style seen all over the city. From sequined dresses to cowboy boots, there is something for everyone in Nashville. We have put together a list of our top 18 favorite Nashville outfits. Be sure to let us know your favorite in the comments below!