The American Manicure is a new trend in the world of manicures. This type of manicure is very similar to the traditional French but with a few key differences. The American manicure is becoming increasingly popular due to its versatility and fresh look.
If you are considering getting an American manicure, this guide is for you. This article will tell you all you need to know about this new trend—from what it is and how to do an American manicure to the advantages and disadvantages of this type.
An American Manicure: What Is It?
For those who have never had a manicure, this can merely appear to be a French manicure but better. It is, technically. A traditional French manicure is upgraded into an American manicure.
American manicure nails seem more glossy, shiny, and transparent. Beautifully painted nails can make a world of difference. Even having your nails done may make you look much more sophisticated.
Similarly to the French manicure, the base begins with a pink hue that fades to a neutral or white color. Moreover, inverted Vs are painted on the nails’ tips to maintain their natural appearance.
The American manicure is popular, widely available, and typically chosen by those who know how to do a variety of manicures. It involves nail shaping, cuticle cleansing, styling, and oil application. Your decision will determine what kind of styling you receive.
You can have a manicure with acrylic or gel nails or on your natural nails, which is more common. There is also no guarantee that all salons will offer massages or soaks as additional benefits.
Difference Between American & French Manicures
We’ve discussed a lot about American manicures. Let’s examine some notable differences between an American and a French manicure.
At first glance, there isn’t much to distinguish, but if you look closer, there are quite a few distinguishing traits. Despite being small and insignificant, they are still highly obvious. Let’s examine what these are now.
First, a French manicure has a square tip in terms of nail design. In addition, the American manicure has a rounder contour. There isn’t a set shape for American manicure nails, so you can always explore.
Moreover, American manicure focuses on better highlighting your already-present unique beauty.
The French manicure is about the traditional strong white tip, whereas the American manicure nail polish focuses on flesh-toned and more subdued colors.
The base color of a French manicure is always pink. In American manicures, the base color may be pink or nude tones that progressively increase in intensity. This manicure occasionally includes the application of red.
Now that you know American manicures, you can identify the differences and figure out what to look for. You’ll know what questions to ask and what to look for the next time you get an American manicure at the salon.
Step-By-Step DIY Process
Most of us don’t have the luxury of frequently visiting a salon. Either we are short on time, or it is simply out of our price range. Ladies, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
We’ll discuss some ideas for performing a flawless American manicure at home without breaking the bank. These are for the days when you feel especially kind toward yourself and want to pamper yourself.
This is an obvious choice. The first step in any manicure is always to prepare your nails. First, take off any previous nail polish. If you don’t have any, move right on to the next step, nail clipping.
Give it the shape you desire, but make sure it seems genuine rather than artificial. Trim the cuticles to achieve a manicure that looks like it came from a salon.
Use an orange wood stick and a cuticle remover to push the cuticles back. Massage your fingertips with the stick’s flat end to eliminate dead skin cells.
Then dip your fingernails in a bowl of warm water mixed with shampoo or hand soap. Allow your hands to soak in the warm water for 10 to 15 minutes, and then gently use a loofah to exfoliate off all the dead skin.
After completing all of this, dry your hands off, and get ready to paint your nails.
What You Require
Here is the American manicure kit:
- A Base Coat
- Your preferred nail color (white, beige, or light pink)
- The tip color (ivory, off-white, or light nude)
- Manicure strips
How To Proceed
- Apply a clear base coat first, and then let it dry.
- Then, use the beige, nude, or pink shade for the core color of your manicure. To make it look more natural, only use one coat of this product. Let it air dry.
- After that, using the manicure strips as a guideline, apply the ivory or off-white color as the tip color. Let it air dry as well.
- Apply a second application and allow it to dry if you want the tip to stand out more.
- You’re ready to flaunt your brand-new American manicure short nails or long, once everything has dried. Finish it off with a transparent topcoat.
- Use nail art, rhinestones, or other accessories for a more attractive appearance. Additionally, neutral colors and glitter nail polish will help modernize the traditional appearance.
Guidelines for American Manicure
If you want the proper American manicure appearance, follow some guidelines. Here are some suggestions for how to get this manicure style.
- Metallic effects and a small amount of shimmer look good. These can give the traditional American Manicure nails a spice of modernism.
- Keep your nails simple and short, and stick to neutral nail polish. While some creativity is encouraged, nothing excessive is necessary. The more modest the appearance, the more attractive.
- Accept red with open arms. Red is always a choice if you find neutrals to be a little dull. A splash of color never harms. Red will turn out to be too cold for the summer in all its hues.
- Long, sticky nails are not necessary. Keep your fingernails simple and clean. Long nails can detract from the classic American Manicure.
- Avoid excessive nail art. While little arts and embellishments are fine, going overboard is not necessary.
The American manicure is a new trend that is growing in popularity. Nude or light-colored polish creates a natural, clean look that defines this fashion. American manicure nails are ideal if you are looking for a new nail look.
If you have any thoughts on this latest trend, we would love to hear them.