- Full Name : Osita Iheme
- Nick Name : Paw-Paw
- Birth Date : February 20, 1982
- Education : Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Lagos State University
- Place or Birth : Mbatoli, Nigeria
- Zodiac Sign : Aquarius
- Net worth : $3.5 Million (2020 estimate)
- Height : 133 cm
Osita Iheme is a Nigerian actor. He is known for playing “Papaya” with Chinedu Ikedieze in the movie “Aki na Ukwa” (Aki na Ukwa). Osita Iheme (often called “Paw”) is often described as one of the best actors of his generation. He is the founder of the African Inspiration Movement.
A campaign was launched to stimulate, inspire and inspire the minds of young Nigerians and Africans. Less than ten years, he has been one of the most popular actors in Nollywood.
In 2007, Osita received the Lifetime Achievement Award of the African Film Academy Awards. In Nigeria, he is considered one of the most famous actors. In 2011, he was awarded a member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR).
Osita Iheme was born on February 20, 1982, with five children. He is from Mbaitoli, Imo State, Nigeria. Osita was born and bred in Abia State and holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Lagos State University.
Read Also : Most Beautiful Female Models in Nigeria
Osita often played the role of a child early in his career. In 2003, Iheme and Chinedu Ikedieze starred in the comedy film Aki na Ukwa, in which he starred in “Papaya” and became famous.
Osita plays a naughty child in this role. In many of his films, he has played the role of a child, but later adopted a more mature role.Since then, he has demonstrated his versatility as an actor, playing a more mature and dramatic role.
This bold move has won him many awards, the most famous of which is the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2007 African Film Awards. He was the 2014 African Best Magic Actor Viewer’s Choice Award. He is the new generation ambassador of the International Rotary International Center 9110 and the author of an inspiring book “Inspiration 101”.
In the Nollywood film industry for only ten years, Osita has played different roles by virtue of the timing of comedy, talent and versatility, has been praised by audiences and critics, and starred in more than one hundred films. The versatile Osita is today one of Nollywood’s most popular faces.
Like his screen partner Chinedu Ikedieze, Osita has a small body, and the two are sometimes called the dwarf duo.Osita’s rare condition give him a different and unique advantage from all other actors in the Nigerian film industry. In his career, he has evolved from a comedian to a generalist.
This earned him the respect of the entire Nigerian film industry and its fans. In order to reward him for his contribution to the development of the Nigerian film industry, in 2011, he was awarded the Federal National Medal of Nigeria (MFR) National Honor by President Good luck Jonathan.
Osita Iheme Some Movies:-
The talented actor has acted in multiple films, some of them are given below:
- Loyal Enemies 1&2 in 2010
- Jack and Jill 1&2 in 2011
- Mirror Boy in 2011
- Village Rascals 1-4 in 2012
- Double Mama 1&2 in 2013
- The Self Destruction Of Little Mark in 2017
- Celebrity Marriage in 2017
- Computer Games in our Games in 2018
- The Wicked Houseboy in 2018
Osita’s brand can communicate with anyone facing adversity, physical or otherwise. His story is one of an impending setbacks. This is a triumphant story, and it has inspired countless people around the world. His fan base is wide and diverse. From mother to child, and everyone in between. Osita Iheme’s character resonated with many people.
Recognition and Awards:-
Few of Osita Iheme awards include,
- Best Actor in a Leading Role (Secret Adventure), Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), 2006
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Africa Movie Academy Awards, 2007
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (The Mirror Boy), Africa Movie Academy Awards, 2011
- Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR), President Goodluck Jonathan, 2011
- Best Actor in Nigeria, African Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, 2014
Quotes by Osita iheme:-
- “Entertainment is one of the biggest employers of labor today.”
- “You need to know how to build your own customers.”
- “You need to have something doing in order to generate customers.”
- “Nollywood is the eye of Africa.”
- “Never relent in pursuit of happiness.”
- “You must be ready for opportunities even before it comes.”
- “We need to work on ourselves and try to help the government too.”
Entrepreneurial Lessons from life of Osita iheme:-
Iheme explained how he improved his acting career by learning from previous entertainers. By keeping teaching, his career has continued to improve. Likewise, for young entrepreneurs, don’t be proud of ignoring the important lessons of successful business experts. Learning never ends, keep in-touch.