Let’s look at some fascinating facts about Jennifer Lopez from her creative career, as it’s her birthday today.
Although it is pretty evident that Jennifer Lopez is aging in reverse, the singer is turning 52 this summer. When she was asked about the secret of her youthful radiance, Lopez said that she wears a lot of sunscreens if she has to go out in the sun & this is why her skin has maintained itself. The singer was never shy when it comes to this. She also added that she doesn’t smoke, drink or have caffeine, so let’s take notes.
Also, she and Ben Affleck are back together, and Lopez is living the best days of her life. She hit a significant milestone after taking the stage at Super Bowl LIV. Jennifer is undoubtedly the most influential artist in Hollywood, defining what it means to be a woman in the industry.
Let’s take a look at some mind-blowing facts about her early career.
- She was born on July 24, 1969, to Puerto Rican parents in New York. They emphasized on her to learn the English language.
- She started taking dancing and singing classes early, and her parents and sisters always encouraged her.
- In school, she was a great athlete and participated in the national track championship; She also played for the school’s softball team.
- Jennifer played the role of Myra in the low-budget film My Little Girl, 1986. She was in her last year of high school.
- She realized that her dream was to become a famous movie star, but her parents wanted her to study, so she got herself enrolled in Baruch College but dropped out after one semester.
- Lopez told her parents she wanted to pursue her dream of becoming an actor, but they rejected her idea, so she had to move out of her family home and lived in an apartment in Manhattan. She performed in musicals like Jesus Christ Superstar and Oklahoma.
- She worked as a choreographer, dancer, and singer on the show Synchronicity in Japan.
- In 1991, she got her first high-profile gig in the show In Living Colour as one of the fly girls.
- She left In Living Colour in 1993 but before that earned work as a backup dancer for Janet Jackson.
- Jennifer’s first significant screen role was in the drama My Family, which Gregory Nava directed. She played the character of Young Maria in the serial and got Independent Spirit Award Nomination for Best Supporting Female.
These are some of the facts about Lopez’s career, and it is a fact that hard work always pays off.