Table of Contents
There are seven different lip types, and each one requires a slightly different approach when it comes to makeup. The different lipstick types, lip glosses, or lip balms you use can make a big difference in how your lips look.
Maybe you are using the wrong lip products for your lip type if your lipstick doesn’t look quite right or your lip gloss doesn’t last as long as you would like. Keep reading to learn more about the seven different lip types and how to give them a perfect look!
7 Different Types of Lips
Everybody looks different because of the many lip shapes. The main types of lips are:
1) Full Lips
One of the most coveted lip shapes is supposedly this one. Consider Angelina Jolie to understand why this is so. The upper and lower lips are pouty and plump, giving these lips the ideal lip ratio.
The upper lips have a naturally fluffy texture and are proportioned, even though the lower lip can occasionally protrude.
2) Heart-Shaped Lips
Lips with a heart shape have a distinct top lip dip that resembles a Cupid bow lip. Due to their heart-shaped appearance, they are more commonly referred to as “romantic lips.” Although it’s not always the case, their lower lip is often thicker.
3) Pouty Upper Lips
Many Indian women have this lip shape because the upper lip tends to be thicker than the lower lip. The lower lip lacks volume and is thinner than the top lip, which is pouty without any noticeable dip.
4) Thin Lips
Lips with little volume lack plumpness, which gives them little volume. The fact that neither the top nor the lower lip has any curvature means they have an equal amount of surface area, resulting in their identical size. In many cases, thin lips give off the vibe that the person is stern or has a stiff upper lip.
5) Wide Lips
People with broad lips are referred to as having an ear-to-ear smile because their wide-set lips take up much of the face when they smile.
A great example of someone having big lips is Anne Hathaway. These lips often have an even volume distribution between the top and bottom lips.
6) Round Lips
Since these lips are petite and have little width, they are the reverse of wide-set lips. They have a small natural pucker and create a circle. These lips are thought to be cute on people.
7) Small Lips
Small lips are often seen as a cosmetic flaw, and many people feel self-conscious about them. These lips are not particularly broad but often appear thick and projecting. There are a few ways to enhance small lips, such as fillers, surgery, or even makeup tricks.
People have different lip types, but these are the most popular. Lips that are neither too thick nor too thin and have a medium-sized upper lip and lower lip. We all have distinctive lips that go well with the rest of our facial characteristics, giving us all unique looks.
How to Make Your Lips Look Perfect With Makeup?
Full Lips Makeup Tricks
Although most people find full lips quite appealing, you may not enjoy having this one part of your face that people focus on so much. Here are some tips for deflecting attention from your flawless pout.
- Consider using neutral lip colors that go well with your skin tone.
- You can apply a lot of eye makeup on your eyes to draw the attention of people.
- Additionally, highlighting your cheekbones can also draw attention to them and make your face appear more balanced.
Heart-Shaped Lips Makeup Tricks
- You can use the same lipstick tones on your heart-shaped lips.
- Then, use a highlighter to your cupid’s bow that can accent the natural contour of your lips.
- Additionally, use creamy nude or light-toned eyeshadow to emphasize your heart–shaped lips.
Pouty Upper Lips Makeup Tricks
- First, overline your pouty upper lips with a lip brush or a lip liner.
- Use a darker lip color on your top lip to make it slightly smaller and a brighter lip color on your bottom lips to make a uniform look.
- You can also accentuate your lips look by using a white lip line and make your lips look more even.
Thin Lips Makeup Tricks
- Use lighter or nude colors to enhance the look of your thin lips.
- Overlining them with a lip pencil or lip brush and smudge the borders of your lips. Then add a liquid or matte lipstick according to your choice.
- You can also add a touch of lip gloss to highlight the Cupid’s bow which will give them a fuller and more beautiful appearance.
Wide Lips Makeup Tricks
- You can use a bit of shiny or glossy lipstick to enhance your wide lips.
- Additionally, you can overline your lower lip with a lip pencil to make your lips fuller and more attractive.
- The other trick is using nude colors or two tones of lipstick shades to create a shadowy look.
Round Lips Makeup Tricks
- Grab a liner, extend it just past your natural lip line at the edges, and dip it down in the middle. This will somewhat improve the lip contour. Then choose a color to fill it with.
- Dark colors may draw attention away from your lips and focus on other facial features.
Small Lips Makeup Tricks
- You can apply glossy lip products to enhance small lips.
- Lips may appear thinner if you wear dark shades so use light and sweet colors of lipsticks.
- Light, glossy pink shades can give the impression of thicker lips.
How To Take Care Of Your Lips?
Avoid Wearing Makeup Indoors
Lipsticks tend to make your lips dry. Apply lipstick sparingly if not necessary. To keep your lips from becoming chapped, use a primer or balm before applying lipstick.
Keeping your lips soft, supple, and healthy-looking will be easy with regular exfoliation.
Dead skin cells in your lips can cause them to look dry and drab. Lip scrubs help to get rid of dry, dead skin on the lips.
You should make sure you moisturize your lips with lip balm or lip oil every night. Additionally, you can scrub your dry lips with your regular toothbrush every morning.
Use Vitamin E on Lips
Vitamin E plays a crucial role in skin and lip health. You can easily apply vitamin E directly to your lips. Vitamin E improves circulation and can aid in producing new cells, softening your lips. Moreover, it hydrates your skin, reduces lines and wrinkles, and makes your lips appear plumper.
Avoid too much sun exposure
The pigment melanin, which protects the skin from the sun’s UV rays, is rare on your lips. Lip balm with a high SPF will protect your lips from UV-related damage.
Avoid Lip Licking
Lip licking can occur for various reasons, although dehydration is the most common.
When your lips are too abrasive from saliva’s enzymes, you may experience dehydration. So, you should use a lip balm to keep your lips moisturized.
It will help if you stay hydrated by consuming a lot of water. One of the key factors contributing to dry lips is dehydration. Drink the recommended eight glasses of water each day to ensure that you are properly hydrated.
How Do I Modify the Shape of My Lips?
Hyaluronic Acid Lip Fillers
There are different lip-shape fillers. This is a short-term filler that wears out after roughly six months. These fillers are made to give your lips a stronger definition. They can give you bigger lips and remove wrinkles.
HA lip fillers are extremely smooth and have a gel-like feel. Typically, the complete outcome appears a few days following the injection. The most common lip fillers are hyaluronic acid since they can be removed easily and seldom cause bruising.
Silicon Lip Filler
Although these lip fillers are permanent, they are simple to remove. They are typically less expensive than temporary lip fillers. Additionally, they are already created. You should consult a dermatologist before choosing one of the fillers.
Collagen Lip Fillers
You may need to make several trips to the cosmetologist for collagen lip fillers. Before introducing the hyaluronic ones, collagen lip injections were widely used.
A protein called collagen is naturally found in the skin. Collagen fillers level out depressions in your lips and may also give them the appearance of being larger.
Use Makeup Tricks
If applied properly, makeup can dramatically alter or enhance your looks. You can experiment with different lipstick shades and tints to change the form of your lips. Refer to the above beauty advice to choose the best cosmetic option for your lip type.
Exercise for the lips might encourage the body’s normal collagen production. Your lips will look larger and plumper because of this collagen production. The following are a few recommended exercises:
- Whistling causes the muscles in your lips to contract, making pouty lips appear.
- Squeeze your lips together and move them clockwise and counterclockwise numerous times to increase collagen production.
- Put your lips together in a kissing motion and hold them for a few seconds before letting them down. For best results, perform this exercise 5–10 times.
People who believe their lips extend or are slightly overfilled typically have this procedure. The lips’ inherent beauty is maintained by analyzing the patient’s lip ratio.
A local anesthetic is applied to the lips to remove the indicated piece of tissue and fat from either the lower lip or top lip, or both. You will have smaller lips because the volume of your lips will also be reduced as a result of the reduction.
This article is for you if you have problems finding the right lipstick for your lips. We covered seven different lip types and shared our top tips for making them perfect.
Please let us know what you think about this topic. Share your thoughts in the comments below.