Building on a Cadillac racing history that began in 1949 and has seen sustained success over the past two decades, the Blackwing V-Series models were developed with driver engagement and mental performance.
The V-Series Blackwing represents the highest level of Cadillac execution and offers a distinctly American vision of performance: incredible power and luxurious craftsmanship, without compromise,” said Brandon Vivian, Cadillac chief executive engineer. “We looked at our heritage of championship-winning racing and put an uncompromising eye for detail to create two cards that elevate the Series V experience.
The Blackwing V-Series vehicles build on the already excellent performance dynamics of the CT5-V and CT4-V to create the top tier of the Cadillac sedan lineup.
- Evolutions of the track-ready Cadillac 6.2L Supercharged V8 in the CT5-V Blackwing and the 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 in the CT4-V Blackwing
- Improved TREMEC six-speed manual transmission
- Available 10-speed automatic transmission
- Improved electronic limited-slip rear differential to reduce mass and enhance track reliability
- Advanced suspension enhancements for greater body control and a more agile feel
- Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, the world’s fastest reacting suspension technology, sharpening the balance between everyday riding comfort and high-performance track capability
- Unique structural enhancements that improve steering response and handling on the track
- Cadillac’s largest factory-installed brakes ever, available on the CT5-V Blackwing
- Extensive validation including 12 and 24-hour follow-up tests
- Customizable onboard digital gauge cluster with custom launch control settings and performance traction management
The CT4-V Blackwing features an evolution of the Cadillac 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 that features revised control system software and an improved air intake system to generate 472 horsepower (352 kW) and 445 pound-feet of torque (603 Nm). The low inertia (titanium aluminide) turbine wheels on the turbos allow a more precise and sensitive torque application throughout the entire rev range.
Featured Features and Results:
- 6.2L Supercharged V8 – 668 hp, 659 lb.-ft. of torque
- GM Estimated Top Track Speed: 200+ mph
- GM estimate 0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds (automatic transmission)
- The most powerful Cadillac of all time
- Air intake airflow is improved by 46 percent compared to CTS-V
Compact, high-performance 1.7L four-lobe Eaton supercharger with small diameter rotors that allow boost earlier in the rpm band for instant response
Rotocast A356T6 aluminum cylinder heads are stronger and handle heat better than conventional aluminum alloy cylinder heads
Lightweight titanium intake valves
Track-capable wet-sump lubrication and ventilation system with external oil separator and drain
What's Your Reaction?
Beginner Level writer and a Search Engine Optimizer who loves to write Trendy Content and optimize it.